Plan Mode Tutorial 2
Manually create a Flight Plan from Phoenix (KPHX) to Abilene (KABI)
- Select the Route Folder, and the Route Tab.
- Enter KPHX-KABI in the flight plan box.
- Push the 'PM' button.
- Push the red 'H' button on the right, to search for high alt airways.
- Go to the map view, and move the mouse cursor to just left and above the 'KPHX' symbol on the map hold down
the ALT key, click and drag the mouse to the right to just to the right of the 'KABI' symbol on the map.
There should be a rectangular box drawn between KPHX and KABI, left mouse click the mouse.
- All high altitude airways that pass within the search rectangle are displayed on the map.
- Look at the airway lines within the box and identify the lines that appear to run in the direction between
PHX and ABI. You should one or two lines that appear to move east/west through the middle of the box.
- Select one of the east/west lines by holding the mouse over the line and pressing the CTRL key. After
about 1 second that line should highlight in red. Also in the airways box on the right the ID of the
highlighted airway will display (J65).
- Go to the 'Route' box below the airways box, and scroll through the J65 waypoints. As each waypoint is selected
it will higlight on the map in Black.
- In the waypoints box select the 'PXR' waypoint.
- Right Mouse click on the PXR item, and select the 'From' menu item.
- Go back to the waypoint box, and scroll up until reaching 'ABI', the select ABI.
- Right mouse click on the ABI item, and select the 'To' menu item.
- go to the bottom center of the form. There are 3 boxes that are labeled 'From, Via,To' with a white to the
left of the to box that has a green less than symbol on it.
- Click on the button with the green less than symbol.
- The airway segment PXR J65 ABI is inserted into the flight plan.
- The flight plan is completed, you can leave plan mode now by pushing the 'PM' button.
Press the 'Build' button to build this flight plan.