[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - I'll Try to be simple.

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I'll Try to be simple.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:29 pm 

FS9 version Eaglesoft Hawker 400 XP (Third Party)

FSX.

MS Panel Editor.

ISG1 Smiths FMS, and Proline 4 MFD, Eaglesoft Hawker 400 XP Proline 4 PFD

I installed the ISG1 Smiths FMS and all is working properly as I think it should. Using a window. I swapped the Hobbs Clock Window and made it my Smiths FMS window.

I installed the ISG1 Proline 4 MFD where the Eaglesoft version of same Proline 4 MFD was. I did this as it is integrated with the Smiths FMC.

The problem is that the Smiths FMC does not update the PFD. Again, it updates the MFD (ISG1) but not the PFD (Eaglesoft).

I noticed that the Garmin 530 DOES INFACT updates the Eaglesoft PFD and MFD. So the workaround is to run both on the same pop up window I guess. Yuck. Rather not have to update two GPS/FMS to make this work.

I would like to hang onto the Eaglesoft PFD as it works best with the model itself. The entry of the Vspeeds is spot on as it is in the RW Aircraft. Also the F.O. is tied to the Eaglesoft PFD for callouts.

The only glitch is that this version of the Hawker 400 XP from Eaglesoft did not come with an FMS, hence the retrofit.

The question then, is how do I get the Smiths FMS to update both the Eaglesoft PFD and the ISG1 MFD, or is there even a way?

Ernie did not build us a Proline 4 PFD LOL, only the MFD!! grrr.

Jet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:01 am 

For those interested, I found the answer I was looking for from Warp, over at FS Developer. Posted the same question there. Warp WROTE the gauges for the Eaglesoft Hawker 400 XP. The issue is ISG1 gauges will not talk to stock aircraft gauges because of the coding within the ISG1 gauges. No idea why ISG1 would write them this way but it seems to be true. Now, what is also true is that they will not update say PFDs on some or many other 3rd party gauges for the same reason.

Now the reason I only wish to use ISG1 Smiths FMS is because this particular aircraft did not come with an FMS as it is a FS9 bird.

My work around?

I am using the original aircraft PFD within another window. I simply copied the Hawker PFD to the same window the Garmin 530 occupied as I can update the Hawker PFD via the Garmin, and then my main panel EADI with the FMS and fly as per documentation. Unless I missed it, I know of no other way to update the FSX flightplan via ISG1 Gauges. Does anyone know of a way, did I miss something? In the end it is worth it to have some kind of FMS on board. I actually fly the Hawker 400XP for a living and this is the best I have found anyhow to date. I like to use FSX to prepare for checkrides as FAA checkrides have about as much to do with day to day flying as... Not much. LOL.

At some point it would be nice if someone can give some information as to why ISG1 is such a closed product, too bad it can't do more, OR have more variety of PFD/ EADIs to work with, IE Proline 21 or Garmin 1000/3000 that many current Biz Jets are going to. Well for those of us who like to fly Biz Jets instead of Tube Liners. :)

Again, if anyone has any other ideas, info, opinions, let's hear them. Maybe I overlooked something which is all too possible. THANKS!!

Jet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 am 

Mr. Alston,

THANK YOU for all the insight you answered my questions and gave me new food for thought. And then some. I now see your points for filling voids. I agree.

I found out as well that if I MUST change the FSplanner route in flight, I can do so via the Garmin. Very crude and sort of a low tech way of doing it, but it works.

So to keep from really needing to do that I placed the Hawker Proline 21 PFD into its own Windowed Gauge" it has it's own home now on window 6. Thank goodness for FS Panel Studios.

So I then retrofitted the cockpit with the A320 EADI and the Proline 4 MFD. I was able to do this in the VC as well, and it is working very well. I also am seeing a reduced impact of Frames thanks to your tips in the Settings material.

Question. Do the 5th parameter identifiers, ie WN, VC, and VC2 work for Each and Every Gauge OR is that only for ISG1 gauges?

I noticed too that when I wrote the above posts, I was not using the MCU.

I am now at this point.

Question. Do we need to use the MCU with the Smiths? I will more than likely stick with the Smith's as it is so similar to the Collins 3000.

No hurries on the answers. Thanks again for straightening me out on just how all of this fits together. Well worth the investment and well worth the time to learn.

Jet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:13 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:34 pm 

Ok Great.

I looked over the material again, and could not find a procedure for descending to a point say 10 miles before a way point. Or some distance before or after. In the RW Collins 3000 it is WAYPOINT/-10. This creates the new fix or waypoint to descend to. Then much like the Smiths you simply put in the altitude next to that way point.

I read about making a user waypoint but it seemed to not quite be what I was looking for unless I didn't understand it completely. This would be per the Smith's FMS.

I was able to perform the "Cross at" function in the MCU just fine but again what if we want to cross before or after a fix is my question. Thanks Ernie.

Jet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:53 am 

Ok thanks Ernie!

Jet