[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Problem loading PLN files

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 pm 

Hi there

I've recently bought ISG1 and have installed a couple of the retrofit panels in FSX. So far so good : ) except... I can't load PLN files via the FMS or the MCU. There are 4 example RTE files in the ISG FlightPlans folder + a few PLN files. Both the FMS and the MCU only give me a choice of the 4 RTE routes. The example PLN files don't appear and PLN files I've put in the FlightPlans folder from simroutes and from the FSX planner don't appear either. The RTE files work fine - I tried one of them out yesterday and all the guages worked well together.

I have unfortunately installed FSX into my 64bit Win 7 into the Program Files X86 folder...which I heard (too late) can cause various problems... but surely if the RTE files work then the PLN files should work too - or at very least the ones which came installed with this package.

Any advice very welcome! This is a great package and I'd be pleased to have it fully functioning...

Regards

Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:02 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 am 

I install fsc9 in d:\program files\fsc9. And update the airac to 1108 cycle.after I make a new flight plan and saved as flight simulator (*.pln).when I open the FSX and try to load the plan from the folder which *.pln located. But there is nothing changed! It seems the plan file is not loaded to FSX. What I can do to solve this problem?

----------------
||

Last edited by appypaddy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:39 pm 

Hi there again

Thank you for your quick support; the problem was not solved by reloading the plane though - I...
a. couldn't load even the .PLN files which came in the FlightPlans folder when I installed your product - only the RTE files worked however many times I opened FSX and changed planes...
b. I couldn't load plans transferred from either the FSX plan location (in Documents, not the FSX directory, as you probably know) or from simroutes before even starting FSX and selecting the plane and...
c. I couldn't save a plan made in the FMS - nothing happened.

I did some research on the Windows 7 Programme Files X86 folder permissions problem because I hoped this would be solvable without having to uninstall FSX and all the addons I've put in over the last 6 weeks and putting it in a new place. I took the advice here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/892675-solved-program-files-x86-folder.html ...and tried to change the permissions on FSX and the ISG folder in particular. I thought nothing had happened as the folder still says it's read only when I look at the properties window. However, when I started FSX this time with the Learjet and ISG stuff the flight plans were all there! I'm not entirely sure what I did right but making myself the user instead of CREATOR OWNER was probably it. I tested it by moving another plan from the default FSX plan location into ISG FlightPlans and it did not appear in the FMS list until I changed planes and back to the Learjet as you say. So it seems that everything works as it should.

I still have to try to save a flightplan made using the FMS. If it doesn't work I'll let you know, but I think that'd be my problem with the X86 folder rather than something with your software. I think I can live with this inconvenience as long as simroutes and the FSX planner allow the creation of reusable plans. Planning with the FMS to make once-off plans and pray the sim doesn't crash is okay once in a while, especially as I'm not planning to fly on VATSIM or any long-haul flights.

Thanks again for your willingness to help... I'm very excited about this product of yours - it seems like it's going to enable me to 'fly' the big iron more or less properly instead of like a big, unwieldy C172. I don't have the money or feel quite ready for a 'procedural' sim plane at the moment and this seems like a good introduction to that kind of flying. Thanks for creating
such a great package!

Best regards

Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 pm 

Ah yes and just in case you are looking through this quickly and haven't noticed, there are two people asking for help in this thread. I am not Appypaddy... my problem seems to be solved while his is ongoing. I'd recommend he opened a new thread but...whatever : D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 am 

I'm not able to use the variable FlightPlansFolder=concordeplans in the performance file for the aircraft. I can only load FPs from the FlightPlans folder. I have hundreds more plans than the default folder can hold.
-Pv-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm