[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Smith's FMC Data

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Smith's FMC Data
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm 

I have a couple questions regarding the smith's FMC.

1) I have the posky 777 retrofited with the isg guages (i got the panel retrofit from avsim library), everything is good but the aircraft data for the 777 (aircraft type, engine rating, etc.) is missing. How do I modify the cfg file (or create one) for the fmc. I read the documentation and was still unsure.

2) Does the CG and V-speeds need to be calculated manually or will that be fixed once the cfg has the data linked to the fmc?

3) is it possible to update the nav data airac cycle for the smith fmc? I know you can with other addons but what about this one?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Smith's FMC Data
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:49 am 

[quote="sho69607"]I have a couple questions regarding the smith's FMC.

1) I have the posky 777 retrofited with the isg guages (i got the panel retrofit from avsim library), everything is good but the aircraft data for the 777 (aircraft type, engine rating, etc.) is missing. How do I modify the cfg file (or create one) for the fmc. I read the documentation and was still unsure.

Add it to the Aircraft file by referencing it in the 5th parameter of the panel.cfg file setting.

gauge44=isg1!HW_B737_ND_BR, 84,152,153,160,POSKY_777

Create a file in your FS.../isg/Aircraft/ folder named 'POSKY_777.cfg'

This filename must match the 5th parameter (excluding the .cfg part)

In that file use enter the 3 params below for the Aircraft type
ModelId=Boeing 777-200
EngId=PW4090

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 am 

posky.gif
posky.gif [ 158.82 KiB | Viewed 16998 times ]
I dont think I did it right. what do you mean 5th parameter? I posted screenshots of what I did. Note I changed the engine type to PW4074 to match the model that I downloaded.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm 

Sorry that this process has been so tedious but, it still didnt work. I posted a screenshot again of the changes. I did save the file as POSKY_777.cfg and it still didnt work. Is it possible that I put that because I renamed this line: gauge44=isg1!HW_B737_ND_BR, 84,152,153,160,POSKY_777 to gauge23=isg1!HW_B737_ND_BR, 84,152,153,160,POSKY_777 ? the reason i did this is because 23 is the next guage up in the pattern. Maybe I posted it in the wrong section.. Any ways heres the picture. The FMC is still missing the data. files.gif
files.gif [ 160.73 KiB | Viewed 16987 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:09 pm 

anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 am 

I have followed the instructions from the manual combined with what you told be and I still cant get this to work. posted below are the pictures of the cfg files. The FMC ident page is still blank (no engine rating, or model included) Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif [ 169.51 KiB | Viewed 16964 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 pm 

It is a little tricky I agree. This way works for me. You must remember that POSKY_777 must appear FOUR times.

First, in your panel .cfg file. This is what is known as the 5th parameter i.e. it is the 5th value against that particular gauge. Make sure it is just POSKY_777. You have done this. Do not change it! (This is your first time).

Second, make a file in notepad which contains this:
;POSKY_777
ModelId=POSKY_777
etc

(These are your 2nd and 3rd times)

Save it as POSKY_777.cfg
(Your 4th time)

Place this file in your FS2004\ISG\Aircraft folder.

As far as I can see there is no setting for Engine ID. If you want to check this go to your PC's All Programs then ISG and find the .pdf for Settings. From page 4 gives details of what can be included in the ISG aircraft configuration settings. There is more on the 5th parameter in the FMS .pdf. Ernie's stuff is not intuitive sometimes but he has provided a massive amount of information.

Light your fires and let us know if you got it sorted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:47 am 

This is probably going to be confusing, but that's probably because the accompanying documentation with the ISG1 seems to use the term "configuration file" very generically, yet there are three configuration files at play here. First the aircraft configuration file (acft.cfg) within the aircraft folder...I'll call it folder B...(a subfolder of FS9...called folder A). Second, the panel configuration file...folder D...(panel.cfg), which is a file within the panel folder (folder C), which is within the aircraft folder (B), a subfolder of the FS9 folder (A). Finally, there is the "Plane" (G) configuration file within the ISG (E)/aircraft subfolder (F...different aircraft folder from B above) of FS9. That file can have a variety of names, each one matching a specific aircraft within folder B.

How am I doing so far? I understand the whole "5th Parameter" concept and that it is supposed to go as the 5th entry for the ISG gauge listed in the file entries of folder D (a comma separating the 4th and 5th parameters). That fifth parameter has to match the name of the configuration file in folder F exactly as well as match the name entered on the first line of the configuration file F that begins with a semicolon as well as match exactly the entry after "modelID=" in that file (F).

Okay, having set things up in the most confusing manner I possible could (this would be so much easier on an old-fashioned blackboard with chalk), I have three questions.

First, does that 5th parameter, regardless of the name, have to be placed in position 5 of every isg1 gauge listed in panel.cfg (within folder C, "Panel") or just the ...ND...one. In all the examples I see, there is only one isg1 gauge entry showing a 5th parameter.

Second, does the name of the 5th parameter have to match the name of the AIR file that is listed within the acft.cfg file of folder?

Third, I use the "alias=XXX_XXX" option a lot within and between my aircraft to save on storage and to make updating panels for a group of similar aircraft a lot easier. Right now I have a B737-200 (the tinmouse II) using it's own panel and the ISG1 retro from these very forums. That one is easy, no alias and has it's own specific name. However, I have a B737-300 without winglets and a B737-300 with winglets using the PSPAnels Classic panel. The aircraft are in two separate aircraft folders. The winglet is aliased to the non-winglet. Then I have a B737-400 default, a -400 Vistaliner, a -400 SGA, a -500 Winglet, a -500 nonwinglet, and a -900ER all aliased to one panel within fsfsconv call PSPanelNG. That one panel functions as the panel for six aircraft. I can't have 6 5th parameters, but do I have to specify the series? In other words, can my 5th parameter, the "plane" configuration file, and the first line in that file all be "B737". I realize there are different performance specs between the series and winglet versus non winglet, but if the data in the "plane".cfg is a happy medium between all 6 aircraft I would be happy. By the way, there's also a B757-2Q8, a B757-200, a B757-300 using one panel and a B777-200 and a B777-300 using one panel.

So, with the very reasonable purchase of one payware add-on...isg1...I know have 14 payware aircraft. How great is that. If only I could get the Smith's to recognize the flight characteristics and identify the aircraft on the opening page.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I wanted to make sure my confusion factor was sufficiently worthy...LOL

Randy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 am 

Perfect, thank you. Once again, everyday that I experiment, play and use this hardware I realize just how great it is.

Thanks

Randy