[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - FSX panel retrofits for CaptainSim 727/707

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 am 

Dear Ernie&folks around,

I recently bought the ISG1-package and found a lot of panel.cfg-files on the retrofit-page. Unfortunately, I could not find any file concerning the CaptainSim 727 (and 707-300) aircraft for FSX. Expanding my search to other sites (AVSIM, flightsim.com, simviation.com) also remained unsuccessfull.

As I am a complete greenhorn in panel editíng (yes, I did read the manuals, even two times), I hereby ask the communitiy for kind support. I am sure there will be someone out there to manage the job. The 727 getting done would be a great thing!

So, can anyone help me (and a good deal of fellow simmers around the world)?

Greetings from Germany

Stefan Benzinger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am 

Hello Stefan,

I've only today started trying to add some ISG gauges to my CS 727-100 - I've some success and a tiny problem.

First, what do you wish to accomplish - what gauges do you want to add to the 727??

I'm looking to make a simple start - I would like to replace the HSI with the EFS50, add a Smiths FMS, as well as the EHSI controller and the MCU.

In the [vcockpit01] section I was able to replace the existing HSI with this line:

gauge14=ISG1!EFS50_EHSI, 599, 399, 199, 239, B727_100

It may not be the best fit, but the position and size can be tweaked.

In looking to add the FMS, MCU and the controller I chose to add them as pop-up gauges to start with - to test the system. I was able to do so manually by adding new gauge windows. I borrowed the Id of the GPS window that I don't need for use on the EHSI controller pop-up gauge so I can click on the "VC GPS" that's above the weather radar and have the EHSI controller appear. I would like to replace it with a VC version of the controller, but I don't know if the "VC GPS" is a gauge or part of the model. (I suspect it's the latter... which I'd be unable to alter.)

The EHDI Heading and Course bugs can move by use of either the CS knobs in the VC, or by the knobs on the EHSI controller. That's a good start.

The problem I've run into is that when I view the FMC and try to load the "active ATC flight plan" (from the FSX flight planner) nothing happens - the flight plan doesn't load. This would be a stumbling block for me as I'm a creature of habit and have grown accustomed to its ease of use on practically all my other aircraft. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 am 

Hi Travis,

that sounds great :D :D :D ! I think Your choice of gauges is a very good one. Integrating the EHSI into the VC is a great step. The other gauges can remain pop-up-windows, as they are much easier to read and handle this way. I barely make use of VC-integrated FMS's in other aircraft-the fonts are difficult to read and the keys difficult to hit unless zoomin in very close.

Could You send me the panel.cfg? I would like to test it, perhaps I can fix the problem with the FSX-flightplan-import.

Greetings,

Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm 

I'll remove some other 3rd party gauges and make a test flight to ensure the aircraft can fly and navigate :wink: - then I'll post the file / text here... after I do a lookaround to make sure it's ok to post a commercial product's panel.

(Hmm, this morning the active flight plan loaded. It must have done so in order to embarass me - little does it know....)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm 

So, have a good flight and always three greens!
Looking forward to your results. :D

Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:39 pm 

Stefan,

I'll add my CS 727_100 panel cfg into the Panel Refits topic in a few moments as soon as I take a screenshot. There are other payware panels in that topic, so I assume it's ok to do so. (If not then I assume the mods will take care of things.)

My flight went fine, thank you. I loaded my flight plan into the Smiths, took off, enabled the "Hdg Sel" switch on the CS Autopilot (and waited to see that it took effect this time :lol: ), and then enabled LNAV via the EHSI controller / MCU. (I placed both gauges into one window along with a open/close button for the FMC.) The CS 721 tracked my 400nm route grandly. Since the aircraft doesn't have autopilot-guided VNAV capabilities I didn't bother with that area.

Here's what I observed about the "Load Active ATC Plan" button on the Smiths FMC - it does work but only on the first flight and only if one does not reload the aircraft. That's not usually an issue but for the CS 727 the standard operating procedure (that I'm aware of) is to reload one's aircraft after it has been positioned in order to get the full compliment of cockpit sounds. So if anyone's ok with having either the ability to load a flight plan direct from FSX or having the altitude horn, knob clicks, cabin crew announcments, etc. then this should work.

Even ending my flight and starting a new on from Free Flight didn't re-enable the use of the "Load Active ATC Plan" button. AFAICT I need to exit FSX in order to use it again. YMMV....

I'm not top-of-the-world happy with this, but I'm understanding that things are what they are, and it's better than not being able to put glass instruments in a 727-100 at all. :? But if a future update of either product could bypass the underlying issue(s) that'd be great. (Until then I'll run my full compliment of ISG modifications in a freeware 722.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:20 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:00 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:06 am