[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - MCU and FMS just not right

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 pm 

I bought the package and loaded software per instructions. I downloaded the premade panels for the Gates Lear jet, Beech King Air 350 and a couple of other aircraft for FSX. When I broght up the aircraft in FSX the panels where indeed there. But I have a pecular problem, when I open the MCU in the KA 350 it will not accept any key presses, I can't make any changes to it. It will accept mouse selections fine. But I can not load anything into it. I tried my CRJ700 with the updated panels and the FMS would accept input, but wouldn't change the Dep airport. The MCU did the same thing where it wouldn't take any keyed input. I did a flight plan transfer and it showed up in the FMS, but I could only transfer the first flight plan in the list, no way to cycle down using the arrow keys. If someone could provide me some ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or am I missing something. I have FSX SP2, Windows 7 64 bit, did not load FSIUPC yet, panels installed came from the home site of ISG1 and I believe they were installed correctly, copy to panels and ISG1 aircraft folders. Can use any advise that may be out there.

Jim K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 pm 

Hi Jim,

I use Vista 32 - so my mileage may vary...

I am not sure I follow all of the problems you are describing... The mouse works - but - the keyboard doesn't ??? Just about all the gauge functions have to be clicked with the mouse... I think there is one input screen on the MCU where you can hit a key to enable actual keyboard typing...

The flight plans for the gauges have to be built and moved to the ISGsim flight plans directory in ISGsim format... I use FSBuild to create the flight plans for the FMC and can crank out a real world flight plan in like 60 seconds... I usually go to a site such as http://www.fltplan.com and copy real world ATC routes...

One other adder perk of using FSBuild with the IGSsim pack is it can automatically load out the fuel into the aircraft for your flight... You need to have a valid aircraft profile to make this function work well...

I've only really used the Honeywell FMC and MCU... I'm not very familiar with the Smiths... One thing I noticed on the Honeywell is you can't delete flight plans... I think Ernie did that by design - to prevent inadvertent flight plan loss... I'd much rather go for the realism on that one - maybe it should be a configuration setting....

I'll gladly try and help - just keep asking...

Regards,
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 pm 

Yes let me clarify, When I bring my King Air up, I am unable to select any options on it with my mouse. I try to click on any of the buttons and they will not select. The KBD button will not select up so I can not use the keyboard either. With my CRJ700, the FMS seems to allow mouse selection, I can select the Alpha and Numeric, I can go to the prev/next page, all the LSK keys seem to work. What happened was, the MCU was displaying one of four Flight plans on it ( I believe they are defult FP's that come with the software) and I selected load FP on the FMS. This placed into it the FP from the MCU and as far as I can tell the route displayed all the nav points. I went back to change the DEP airport manually. I selected up KCLT on the keyboard, and selected LSKL1. The data transferred and I selected ENTER. But the updated airport did not take. The FP was still in there from when I transferred it from the MCU. I know this has to be something subtle that I am missing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:28 am 

I'll try to convey what is happening. the MCU (Master Control Panel), does NOT take any mouse cursor selection. When I lay the cursor over the TO button and select it, nothing happens. When I lay the cursor over the FPLN, LNAV, or any other button and try to select them, nothing happens, no lights, no changing of the display, the up/down left/right arrows did not move anything od the display, nothing. The MCU display remains the same showing the TO: and whatever data is displayed.

That is one problem with the MCU on my King Air 350

Now this is where I was confusing you, using the MCU (Master Control Panel) along with the Smiths FMS on my CRJ700. This is the FSX file you have fom the website. The Smiths Style FMS will take input from my mouse cursor and selection. The MCU opened with a selection of default flight plans displayed. I was not able to change them. On the SSFMS I loaded the selected flight plan that was displayed on the MCU. With that flight plan loaded into the SSFMS I was able to move about the different displays to see the route as it was loaded. Now this is where the problem starts, I selected KCLT in the display of the SSFMS and with DEP up in the LSKL1 selected that button. KCLT was transferred to LSKL1 under DEP for the departure airport. I next selected enter which should have loaded KCLT as the departure airport. Although it displayed KCLT, when I changed pages and went back, the other departure airport was back in the display and the KCLT departure airport was gone.

I hope that gives slightly more information. I have tried to respond to your questions but while at work I have not been able to access my flight simulator to give a step by step description of my problem. I am off tomorrow and will try to develope a step by step synopsis of the conditions I am seeing.

Inregards to my video card, I have a GTS 250 NVidia card. and I can understand why the KBD function my not work. It's the other functions that are driving me bonkers.

Jim K

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 pm 

Turns out I wasn't paying attention to how things worked. Once I had a chance to play with the systems I figured out everything was operating the was it is supposed to. So thank you for all the previous help.