Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:49 pm 

Quote:
Is there a way I can add new Aircraft to Fsbuild Aircraft List

Yes, you can edit the fsb_aircraft.cfg file to add aircraft to the database.

But you'll need to add the performance information as well.

Define the Aircraft's menu item with the header surrounded by brackets []

Ex: [B737-4B7 w/ CFM56-3B2] -- (Brodbeck) ---

The area inside the brackets will display on the Aircraft menu on the aircraft page.

There are 3 types of performance data supported.

Basic, Hourly, and detailed.

Basic:
-----------

The Basic format normally has just one value for climb cruise and descent.
This can be inserted into the .cfg file for that aircraft

Ex:

[A300B4-622R w/ PW4158] -- (M.Brodbeck) ---...ClimbSpeed=354 ClimbRate=1650
CruiseSpeed=465
DescentSpeed=346
DescentRate=1941
ClimbFuel=15581
CruiseFuel=10050
DescentFuel=4000

The fuel values can either be 'LBS' or 'KGS', and are specified by the 'WeightUnit=' parameter (The default weight unit is LBS).

Optionally you can manually enter these values on the Aircraft page within Fsbuild.

Hourly:
------------------
The hourly format allows you to set the fuelburn as hourly segments.

[A300B4-622R w/ PW4158] -- (M.Brodbeck)
FuelBurn1=15481
FuelBurn2=11800
FuelBurn3=11320
FuelBurn4=11000
FuelBurn5=10700
FuelBurn6=10600
FuelBurn7=10500

The FuelBurn values refer to the hour segments.Ist Hour = FuelBurn1, 2nd Hour = FuelBurn2, 3rd Hour = FuelBurn3...etc.

You can enter up to 10 fuelburn values or up to 10 hours.

Detailed:
-------------------------------------

Detailed allows you to break down the performance by altitude and gross weight.

In the fsb_aircraft.cfg item, use the PerformanceData= to link that Aircraft item to its detailed performance file.

[SF340B Saab w/ CT7-9B] -- (M.Brodbeck) ---
PerformanceData=saab340b.prf

An example of a detailed profile created for the default FS2002 Lear45.

The [CRUISE] [GRWT] section is in thousands, (ie 17 = 17000). The burn values can be adjusted as the altitude and gross weight changes for the flight.

In this example at FL310 and approx 17000 lbs the burn used by Fsbuild would be 1156 lbs/hr.

Fsbuild will select the closest altitude grwt value that matches the aircraft's predicted ALT/GRWT values.

When the 'PerformanceData=' .prf parameter is used, all the fuel burn values in the fsb2_aircraft.cfg file will be ignored in favor of the burn values in the .prf file. Also the climb, cruise, and descent boxes will be grayed out when that aircraft is selected on the aircraft page.

In your Fsbuild/User Guides folder, the file 'Data Files 2.pdf' has the descriptions/ data formats for the aircraft profiles.For Basic and Hourly profiles pages 7-10. For the detailed profiles pages 17-21.These
descriptions in combination with looking at the profiles others have created (On the Fsbuild.com Aircraft Performance Data page) should get you started in the right direction.

If your create Fsbuild2 performance data for a new aircraft you wish to sgare with other Fsbuild users. Email them to me and I will make sure it gets posted on the Fsbuild.com Aircraft Performance Data page for other users to download.

Regards
Ernie.

Last edited by ErnieAlston on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:45 pm 

OK, Thanks Ernie (great app, by the way) coupla questions though... am I better using a dedicated aircraft performance file, or the standard aircraft cfg file - modified or not, and will this give me accurate fuel burn/trip fuel required calculations? Also, if I link FSBuild to ActiveSky6, will the fuel burn/required figures factor in winds aloft?

I'm still getting to grips with FSBuild. I've had it ages but not got me head round it all yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm 

dmelia2 wrote:
OK, Thanks Ernie (great app, by the way) coupla questions though... am I better using a dedicated aircraft performance file, or the standard aircraft cfg file - modified or not, and will this give me accurate fuel burn/trip fuel required calculations?

The performance files apply a more detailed matrix, so they will be more accurate. But you can use only the fsb_aircraft.cfg file entries, its a less detailed format but it can be made to be somewhat accurate using the hourly format but it has limits over the performance file which can use more information.

Quote:
Also, if I link FSBuild to ActiveSky6, will the fuel burn/required figures factor in winds aloft?

Yes, the Headwind/tailwind components from AS6/ASX are applied to the airspeed, this then will affect the other performance settings.

Example: A avg route headwind result in a slower groundspeed, which results in a longer flight time, which results in more fuel burned.

Regards.
Ernie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:18 pm 

Thank you very much for this timely post. I'm a new member/user and I prefer smaller corporate aircraft both jet and prop and was looking for this information to be able to add some of those aircraft to my FSbuild.

Post subject: Profile for PMDG MD-11
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:57 am 

I would like to inport the performance file for the MD-11...Into the FSbuild program...Not sure how that is setup...HELP! I am a newbie to all of this...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 am 

I purchased v2.40.18 a few years ago and did'nt use it very often. I have now returned to flight sim and was looking at the aircraft listed in FSBuild. Many aircraft used today are not listed. So I must now be able to enter all the parameters of other aircraft in order to fly them?
Will other aircraft be listed in future releases?